Friday 22 December 2017

The Monster in Fairies


Once, I was blessed with the best heart,
It was wrapped neatly with a white silk of kindness,
Free from dirt, free from vengeance

It was so clean that you wouldn't want to taint it,
Even if it is a small insignificant dot,
And just like my silk wrapped heart,
I was frail and afraid.

Petrified and lost
But you came with balloons of hope you held between your fingers,
Just waiting for the right moment to let go
Letting me float, alone.

Once, I had a beautiful heart,
And you took it,
You held me in your arms as if I was your firstborn,
But you threw me,

Fed parts of me to your friends
Or whom you thought was your friends,
What else do you want?
My secrets? you know it all
My loyalty? You destroyed it
And death? You're close.

I never wanted to blame you,
I had debated with myself,
Defending you as if you are my shining armour
But aren't you piercing your spear to my heart instead?

Dear love,
With the rotten heart that I own now,
I wish you the best but no,
I will not let you break and smash another heart.


I was enough
I was enough
And I barely survived

No comments:

Post a Comment