Friday 31 March 2017

Perth, Day 2: Perth, My Kryptonite



Here's a last look at Discovery Parks before we started our journey out of West Perth. As many of you (if there's anyone) have guessed, I am not a morning person. I am, if morning starts at 12 in the afternoon but somehow, when I was in Perth, I was always up early (before 9 in the morning) and slept early too.  Anyways, our next destination was, 


If you're an animal lover (I think I am), then this shall be your to-go place cause oh my god, the animals there are so adorable!








I have no idea why but wombats look like they are high on drugs. I would have taken a picture with the high looking wombat but the queue was super long and I am sure it would have taken hours for me to be able to pose with the wombat. Unfortunately, same goes for the koalas. I would have hugged or kissed them already but the queue was crazy. Being a sad person, I took pictures of Koalas and Wombats from far (it's better than nothing)


Also because I hate queuing, or people... (nah, I am joking, maybe). 


Can't resist to upload a picture of the man kissing the eagle, it was too adorable. Anyways, even the souvenir store was really interesting but I didn't buy anything yet until I saw the nougat. With that, we drove to city (finally, but not really finally)


It was mostly unplanned but because we were passing by a lot of interesting places, so our arrival time was extended. We went to Morish Nuts and Mondo Nougat Factory and Cafe. It was along the way. I bought poppa jack popcorn, then bought a premium-ish soft nougat, Salted caramel. It was so delicious but expensive for someone who was constantly broke like me. Anyways, my brother was constantly craving for ice- cream so we ate ice cream there. Nougat ice cream is the bomb, I tell you. BOMB. 


So, I probably finished around 50 dollars just for Nougat and popcorn (also my kryptonite) , it was nice tho. Worth it. 






I felt like god was really testing me cause just as we finished buying nuts, popcorn and nougat, we spotted another chocolate factory and yeah, we just had to stop. 


With that, I bought another two packets of chocolates. Chocolate pretzels, so delicious. I fell in love with it as soon as I was given the chocolates sample. It has both salty and sweet taste to it, beautifully combined.

We have not had our lunch and were really hungry. We stopped by an art-ish cafe, Taylor's Art and Coffee House, a really nice one for some light snack (that ended being not so light at all).



It's an art cafe for a reason, it got the vintage vibe to it and there's even a vintage shop, even the food was vintage-ish!




This was what we ordered. It's bread (some healthy bread I think), with olive oil and wild seeds. Normally, I wouldn't eat this type of food cause it sounded so healthy but this was really good (especially the bread), I literally eat the bread only without oil or seeds. 




And seriously, who can say no to a heavenly iced chocolate with good chocolate syrup lacing the glass and topped with ice cream? 

Finally, we reached City Perth and got lost for quite some time, searching for the apartment that we were staying in. We stayed at St. Georges Terrace, also, a beautiful place that probably helped me looked more like a local *winks*.

One of the pictures I took when I was walking to Woolworths. 

We were really fortunate that our place was really strategic, as in a lot of places are within walking distance (like Lord of the Fries). We went to the groceries store that night, to Woolworths, also Chemist to buy some skin care products. 

I love tea, especially the ones with good smell and in Woolworths, they sell twinning tea pack (10 packs) for two dollars. How crazy is that? I instantly grabbed every single type of tea in the basket but of course, I had to put it back because I only had twenty dollars with me that time. I bought one, intending to buy more only if I have settled buying my souvenirs. 




A perfect custard-vanilla yogurt to end my second day.

_________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this update. Here's Day 1  if you missed it.

Cheers, love!

No comments:

Post a Comment