Wednesday 29 March 2017

Perth, Day 1: Groceries store, My weakness.



Finally, I went on a vacation. I have been waiting for years for this! (insert exaggeration). My family and I were debating to go to a few places and honestly, Perth wasn't really an option at first because it was hot (such an understatement). Somehow, we ended up going to Perth. I was so excited, I couldn't concentrate on my studies, no kidding. I was so excited that I felt like a rocket was stuck to my bottom cause I couldn't wait to fly there. 


                                        
          


Anyways, here's a typical travelling passport picture cause why not? The flight was around 5 hours, maybe a bit more, it felt like it. I always have problem sleeping on the airplane and I have no idea why. We took two flights because we had to fly to KL first, from Kuching. I couldn't even sleep on the almost two-hour flight to KL. 

When we arrived, it was around seven something in the morning, wasn't that cold but it was again, an understatement cause we tried and 'test' the weather, as what my sister said and that time, it wasn't windy, yet. Anyways, I got myself a sim card, optus sim card which offered a sweet deal, two dollars a day with 500 MB internet. 

My sister rented a car, so we drove to Discovery Parks, Swan Valley and stayed there for one day and one night. The place was so cute! There are two rooms, a toilet (duh) and common spaces in a house. It's quite nice tho because it wasn't like a common vacation where you stay in a hotel but it felt like we were local *winks*


We deposited our baggage and freshened up a little bit before exploring more of Perth. Then, we drove to the chocolate factory, sort of. Next to the chocolate factory was a wine tasting-jam tasting place.




I didn't buy any chocolates but my brother bought me a few chocolate truffles. I wanted to buy lots of chocolates but I was trying so hard to restrain myself cause I might overspend if I had started buying things and it was just the first place!

I tried chocolate and chili, which honestly was the most memorable thing here apart from tasting millions of jams and spread. I mean, the chocolate was really good then you'll get a hint of chili, spicy kick to it. Then, at the jam tasting place, Coward and Black Vineyards, one of the workers was so helpful, telling us what we can taste and what not to since some of the jams contained alcohol. I tried all of it (the non- alcoholic ones) and the best one was the brinjal with tomatoes. I'm not sure what was it but there was brinjal in it and my god, it was flavour bomb. 

After the trip to the chocolate factory, we were hungry and went to the Coles area. Somehow, there were a lot of restaurant that were closed, so we went to eat at Dome (which we have in Malaysia, boo us) but the fish and chips were great, better than the ones served in Malaysia. No kidding!



I would have spent more than fifty dollars in Coles if it wasn't because I had a really bad stomachache and I had to go to the toilet three times but nevertheless, I bought stuff anyways in Coles. Also, slurpee on my way back to Discovery Parks. Large Slurpee. I am sure I am not the only ones who loves convenient stores and groceries stores, there are a lot of interesting stuff there. Plus, different shop sells different things that you don't see everyday. What more to say if it was another country?!

We wanted to go and explore more but we were all tired due to the morning flight or in my case, I didn't sleep at all, not yet. So we went back and sleep (overslept). We intended to sleep only for an hour or two but of course we overslept from five in the evening to eight something. We didn't even had to switch the air conditioning on because it was chilly although it was 24 degrees that time but the wind was.. windy?

My sister couldn't really get over her Melbourne trip so she bought smoked Salmon which was surprisingly good and eat it with crumpets. DID YOU KNOW THAT CRUMPETS TASTED LIKE HEAVEN? of course, you might think I am exaggerating but try eating smoked salmon on a crumpet. (Okay, fine. I could be a little bit bias since I love western food)




Thank you Kakyah for cooking dinner *virtual hug*. We went back to the same 7 Eleven to search for some adapter. I bought one from Coles but due to the chaos of pooping, I was on the verge of pooping in my pants, I think I handed the wrong adapter to my sister, so, I bought a wrong adapter.

Anyways, instead of buying an adapter, I bought popcorn cause come on, who can resist a colourful popcorn that says party popcorn mix? 


Sure, I should control my calories or sugar intake but hey, I was on vacation. Vacation from everything, even dieting (although I was never dieting) but I surely gained weight there, I could feel the fatness layering itself on top of the existing thick layers of fat. 

Like I told you, I was literally carefree and hungry again. I pooped so many times, I deserve some more food, okay? I ate mac and cheese. 


I love cheese and you don't see an easy mac in stores in Malaysia, not yet and it was instant! I have always loved mac and cheese, and every time I ordered one, it was always disappointing and this one, I don't even need to add more salt. 

So, there goes my day one, I slept early that night despite the fact that I have just been awake for three to four hours. 


That's me in my sanctuary. 

Cheers, Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment